Getting Ahead of the Game With Big Data

Big data drew my interests early on in the semester with a perception that it is a focal point major industries require in order to store vital information. The details found in 2.6.7 made it apparent there are many different avenues these corporations take in oder to retrieve data for companies purchasing their services. I was most familiar with the use of algorithms within a program. One I found more intreating than the rest  to the most was the section devoted to NoSQL or the cool mnemonic device "Not only SQL". This portion became more advanced in its jargon, likely the reason why it peaked my interest. I really appreciate that I had referenced this topic before reading about it within this chapter. With obtaining background knowledge about a topic before researching it further, provided me a better platform to be on preparing me for exactly what as going to learn. Do you guys agree with me to the fact of it helps knowing a bit about what your doing in advance? Whether that be reading, labor, or whatever may have you? Let me know below and have a great week bloggers! Let's get ahead and stay ahead!

Comments

  1. Relevant and timely data leads to good decision making. With more technology to gather and transmit data, this gave rise to 'Internet of things' and 'big data' :-)

    To analyze the massive amount of data available, 'artificial intelligence' and 'machine learning' are needed. If you are interested in pursuing them, 'Not Only Structured Query Language' is a good place to start ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing about a topic beforehand is definitely preferable to having to learn as you go. It's much more challenging that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Knowing something before hand really helps. Especially in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Big data is Big important lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this topic is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, It does help to know in advance you can better prepare for it. I totally agree big data is an interesting topic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big data is a interesting topic I agree I did not realize how much companies use our data it made me rethink the search engines that I use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Data was a concept I have never heard about prior to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think preparation will always be useful and that more people (including myself) should partake in it since we never know what could happen in the spontaneous-ness of life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never heard of Big Data before this course but it is something that caught my attention when going through the chapters.

    I agree with you, having some background knowledge always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big data is necessary for those company who wants to capitalize on what they are marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was my first time learning about big data, very interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard of big data before but never understood it until I read about it here. Big data is the way of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agreed, it was my first time too learning about big data as well; I still have much to learn about it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting topic. I will try to take a deeper dive into it when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Big Data is important too understand because it effects many aspects of our lives. Companies have a interest in gathering data in order to market products to us. Its important to be aware of so we can protect our private information better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts